Keeping our guests safe.
1. Our Promise
At Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant we have been following the COVID-19 pandemic closely and have been using the time during lockdown to ensure that we implement the best possible health and safety measures as we begin to welcome back our valued team and guests.
We are dedicated to making your stay as safe as possible, ensuring that new regulations and best practice are followed, whilst of course ensuring our high levels of service.
Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant will be open and welcoming reservations again from 17 May 2021. We will be operating in line with Scottish Government restrictions*.
*For information about current Scottish Government Tier Levels and guidelines see www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels .
In the event of amendments or cancellation of reservations due to Covid-19 we will:
• Communicate any changes with you via your booking email.
Breakfast & Dinner: We will request dining times prior to arrival as time slots will be offered to ensure the appropriate social distancing, in line with the current government guidance. An in room breakfast option may be offered subject to availability.
3. Protective Measures
*Please note that all measures are subject to change based on Government guidelines and advice.
Based on the current Government recommendations, we are introducing a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
- Social distancing measures to our public areas for both our team and guests.
- Foot traffic is being managed by limiting the number of reservations that we accept and managing the number of guests allowed into Victoria Square at any given time, with this in mind we would ask all of our guests to provide us with an arrival time.
- Our team will also check their own temperature before their shift starts, based on current government guidance and industry practice. If their temperature is above 38°C then they will not work the shift and we will review their state of health
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available for use by our guests and our team.
- Our comprehensive cleaning regimes have been further enhanced following the pandemic and we regularly disinfect surfaces and upholstery using anti-bacterial and virus killing agents.
- Contact surfaces (handles, counters, etc.) are disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Our team members are provided with personal protective equipment as recommended by the government, and have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Any required physical distancing rules have been introduced as far as is reasonably practicable.
- We will endeavour to minimise the check in time upon arrival by operating a system of electronic registration cards to be completed by guests prior to arrival.
- Rooms will be cleaned using best practice protocols. This will include disinfecting all surfaces and items in the room including soft furnishings as well as the hospitality tray and mini-fridge. Hospitality tray and mini-fridge items, and dressing gowns will be available on a request basis.
In our Dining room and Lounge areas
- Social distancing will be implemented in our dining room and guest lounge (which may have limited opening) as required by current Scottish Government restrictions.
- All service will be table service to abide by current government guidance and industry practice.
- Card payment machines will be sanitised before each use, and we will encourage the use of contactless payments where possible.
- We will not offer a buffet provision at breakfast in order to abide by hygiene guidelines during the outbreak. Breakfast will be required to be pre-ordered the night before. An in-room breakfast service may be offered, subject to availability
- Disposable or wipeable menus will be provided
- Tables will be set up by our team following strict infection protocols
- Hand sanitiser is available near the entry to the dining room and lounge.
- Our team will be wearing face masks as well as regularly sanitising their hands
4. Guest Responsibilities
• We would ask all our guests to check their temperature before arrival. Based upon current government guidance and industry practice, if your temperature is above 38°C then you should contact us to cancel or reschedule your stay.
We respectfully request that you cancel or reschedule your stay Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant if you have:
- Personally experienced any symptoms of COVID19 in the preceding 14 days.
- Knowingly been in the presence of any persons who have COVID19 symptoms in the preceding 14 days.
- Personally been diagnosed with COVID19 and have not fully cured of any symptoms for at least 14 days.
We would also ask all guests to adhere to the required social distancing procedures as far as
reasonably practicable, and to frequently sanitise their hands for their own safety as well as those of our other guests and team.