Keeping our guests safe.
1. Our Promise
At Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant we have been following the COVID-19 pandemic closely and have ensured that we implement the best possible health and safety measures as we begin to welcome back our valued team and guests.
We are dedicated to making your stay as safe as possible, ensuring that any new regulations and best practice are followed, whilst of course ensuring our high levels of service.
Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant re-opened after lock down from 17 May 2021. We will, at all times, be operating in line with any Scottish Government restrictions*.
*For information about current Scottish Government restrictions or guidelines see www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels .
In the event of amendments or cancellation of reservations made by us due to Covid-19 we will:
• Communicate any changes with you via your booking email.
Dining: We request pre-booking for dining.
3. Protective Measures
*Please note that all measures are subject to change based on Government guidelines and advice.
Based on the current Government recommendations, we are continuing with a number of preventive and protective measures, including:
- Our team will continue to take appropriate precautions in regard to hand sanitisation & temperature taking to maximise safety.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are available for use by our guests and our team.
- Our comprehensive cleaning regimes have been further enhanced following the pandemic and we regularly disinfect surfaces and upholstery using anti-bacterial and virus killing agents.
- Contact surfaces (handles, counters, etc.) are disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Our team members have been trained to follow good preventive practices.
- Rooms will be cleaned and sanitised using best practice protocols.
In our Dining room and Lounge areas
- Service remains as table service in line with best industry practice.
- Card payment machines will be sanitised before each use, and we encourage the use of contactless payments where possible.
- Breakfast buffet provision has been re-introduced with use of covered or packaged items following enhanced hygiene protocols. Breakfast will be requested to be pre-ordered the night before which also minimises waste.
- Tables will be set up by our team following strict sanitisation protocols
- Hand sanitiser is available near the entry to the dining room and lounge.
- Our team will be regularly sanitising their hands.
4. Guest Responsibilities
• We respectfully request that if you have recently tested positive with Covid19 you consider others in regards to your planned stay at Victoria Square & The Orangery Restaurant.
- If you have personally been diagnosed with COVID19 and have not fully cured of any symptom/not tested negative in the last 7 days we would ask that you consider whether you should be travelling. It may be that re-scheduling your stay would be a better option.
- If you do choose to travel we would ask that you inform us of your positive Covid19 status in advance of arrival as we may put certain precaution protocols in place to minimise risk to others. This includes a request that you wear a face covering when moving through the public areas of the building.
- If you test positive whilst staying with us please inform us immediately and also please wear a face covering whilst passing through public areas of the building.
- Standard cancellation policy applies to any cancellations made within 3 full calendar days before date of arrival for any reason, including Covid19. We strongly recommend that guests take out travel insurance that includes cover for Covid19.
- We would kindly ask all guests to sanitise their hands regularly for their own safety as well as those of our other guests and team. Please leave windows open in your room on departure. Wearing face coverings is currently optional.
- Should any form of Scottish or UK Government restrictions, such as wearing of face coverings or social distancing, come into being during your stay it is your responsibility to follow any such restrictions as set by the Government.